Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Arriving in Korea

The plane ride was long, and it was harder than I thought to sit for 12.5 hours or so. The airplane was alot nicer than I thought, and there were many pleasant surprises ahead of me. There were not many peope who spoke English. I watched some movies, and read about half of the book I am currently reading.


This was the first meal served on the air plane, Bibimbap.

Small soda, it sure was a treat :D


  I arrived in Korea, and was very worried I would be lost in the Airport. But the airport was not busy at all, and I easily found Mr. Kim who would be taking me to my co-teachers home where I would spend my first night.
Mr. Kim's wife was very sweet, she gave me water and offered food, but by that point I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep.
I woke up the next morning, and Mr. Shins wife had prepared an elaborate breafast. Egg cake, fish balls, breads, jams, grapes, nectarines and whole milk. I was feeling tired still , so I only ate a little bit. I think they expected me to eat a lot.
I went to meet the principle of the school, Mr. Hee. He also does not speak English, and it was hard to communicate with him.
Overall, it was an overwhelming day but very exciting!

1 comment: