Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1, 2011

It was my first day of teaching today, and as expected I was " thrown" in. I taught 4 classes, and all were third grade level students. They were very eager to meet me, they were all very sweet, especially the girls. They all wanted to hold my hands, and were intrested in the nail polish I was wearing.
Lunch in the cafeteria is great! It is real food prepared fresh daily. I ate brown rice, seaweed soup, kimchi, fried fish cake, radish, and some sort of salad.

For dinner I was recommended to go to a restaruat that has Kimbap, it was a tiny hole in the wall type of place, the menu did not have pictures, so I just "kimbap". Luckily it was delicious! It also came with soup, all for 1.50 !



After dinner , I walked around town. The town is alot bigger to my surprise. And there are people selling fruits and vegtables, I was relieved because I have not seen many. I walked for 40 minutes or so, bought some grapes and headed home to organize my place.

Here is my dweling place




Things I like 

 Teeny tiny table/ desk
The bathroom/shower ( this takes some getting used to)



2 comments: