Once arriving to a small restaurant full of men, we sat on the floor and were brought our side dishes.
Cucumbers, chiles and onions. Onions in some type of oil with wheat germ. Dog meat is considered to be very healthy and was told it does contain any cholesterol or bad fat , also if I were a man it would increase my stamina.
We ordered Bosingtan, which is a stew with the meat and vegetables. Once the food came I kept telling myself not to think about it and to keep an open mind- it helped, the meat reminded me of a mix of barbacoa and chicarrones. You are supposed to take the meat and dip it in to the oil sauce then eat it with the vegetables. I ate as much as I could and had the dog skin ladled in to my dish. I was not a big fan of that part, glutinous chewy skin with fat. I tried my best not to be rude and ate as much as I could.
Before the first bite.
My co teacher and I.
I thought eating dog was going to leave me with negative feelings, but none came. I enjoyed having dinner with my co teacher and trying something new. The meat is delicious enough to have again, but I think I am done eating dog for good.
lol this was a great little blog entry to read ^_^
ReplyDelete