Monday, June 4, 2012

Teachers Day

Teachers Day is on May 15th, this year it fell on a Tuesday. I taught my regular classes and was surprised when my co-teacher told me I could go home early!!!  I was ecstatic, it was only 12:30 . I usually don' t have the opportunity to enjoy the day, and the weather has been lovely lately.
Not knowing what to do, I hopped on my bike and travelled to one of my favorite spots in Seoul, Hongdae. It took me about 2 hours to get there , and after exploring all the ally's and visiting some thrift stores, I found an underground store ( literally) that makes hand made leather items. The store had all kinds of nick nacks  for sale, and a pair of sandals caught my attention. The attendant said that all of their leather is only treated with vegetable oil, and organic dyes. It felt like such a treat to find a shop with so much character and actual hand made shoes!



Now, for the best part! I came accros a door that looked like just a piece of wood, no windows or hand hold. So I pushed the door in and was surprised to find a bar/cafe/ restaraunt. The restaraunt hand makes almost everything, from beer, ginger ale, bread and soup. This is the first place I have been too like this and can not wait to go back. I decided on a fresh cows milk yogurt with rasberries and omija. Omija is an infusion made from Korean berries, it tasted like a fermented berry drink. It was delicious! I felt so lucky to have found such a place, and can not wait to go back!




The delicious cow milk yogurt 




Entrance

A few of my gifts .This one is supposed to look like medicine, the medicine here comes individually wrapped. 

My new bag and book mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment