The lesson plan:
I started the class by having them do a " trick " tic-tac-toe game. It is one of those games that make you concentrate and then flash a scary picture. I was unsure if it would be too scary and was going back and forth on it for a few days. Mr. Shin assured me it would be fun for the children. I showed it to my 4th grade class, and I have to say it was pretty hilarious to see them scream blood murder! I replayed the mock game at least 5 times in each class.
I then showed the students a spooky Simpsons cartoon, which allowed me to see the most focused eyes I have seen so far. After that I showed them a short Power Point about Halloween then we played a " trick or treat" game.
I prepared a bag with strips of paper that read things like " jump three times" or " spin around". Once the students performed there "tricks" they were able to receive a treat.
I have about 240 students, so I was only able to afford one piece of candy each.
The students seemed to really enjoy the day, especially after learning that they did not need there English books. It was nice to change the pace for a day.
I did my best to dress up, wore all black and painted whiskers on my face. I am very happy that I put together such a simple lesson, my students were so happy with there one piece of candy and I sincerely enjoyed our time together.
Grade 4
This boy always makes me laugh!
Not to boast, but these girls all wanted to hold me for the picture. They are always very interested in me.
One of my diligent students, Chloe gave me a Halloween treat full of chocolate!






No comments:
Post a Comment